Growth and Development MCQ’s
In which stage physical growth is rapid
(1) Early Childhood
(4) School Age
Which one of the followings indicates child’s physical growth ?
Human development is
(3) immeasurable to a certain extent
(4) both quantitative and qualitative
Which of the following correctly identifies the broad domains of development ?
(1) Physical; cognitive; social and emotional
(2) Emotional; intellectual; spiritual and self
(3) Physical; personality; spiritual and emotional
(4) Social; physical; personality; self
Human development is based on certain principles. Which of the following is not a principle of human development?
(3) General to Specific
There are individual variations in the rate of motor development, yet the sequence of motor development is from ________ to _________.
(1) cephalocaudal; proximodistal
(2) proximodistal, cephalocaudal
(3) gross motor development; fine motor development
(4) fine motor development; gross motor development
Which of the following age groups falls under later childhood category?
(1) 11 to 18 years
(2) 18 to 24 years
(3) Birth to 6 years
(4) 6 to 11 years
The stage “Pre operational” in Piaget’s theory is called preoperational because
(1) The children are pre-determined
(2) The children have not yet mastered the ability to perform mental operations
(3) The children are pre-planning
(4) All of the above
The major proposition of Jean Piaget’s theory is that
(1) Children’s thinking is inferior to adults.
(2) Children’s thinking is superior to adults.
(3) Children’s thinking is quantitatively different from adults.
(4) Children’s thinking is qualitatively different from adults.
Piaget principle is related to
(1) Psychological development
(2) Cognitive Development
(3) Physical Development
(4) Emotional Development
According to Jean Piaget, children –
(1) actively construct knowledge as they manipulate and explore the world.
(2) learn by observing others following a process of observational learning.
(3) can be conditioned to behave in particular ways by carefully controlled stimulus – response associations
(4) can be taught to behave and learn in specific manner using principles of rewards and punishment.
According to Jean Piaget, which of the following is necessary for learning?
(a) Active exploration of the environment by the learner
(b) Observing the behaviour of adults
(c) Belief in immanent justice
(d) Reinforcement by teachers and parents
According to Jean Piaget, children develop abstract logic and reasoning skill during
(1) Sensorimotor stage (0-2)
(2) Preoperational stage (2-7)
(3) Formal operational stage (Above 12)
(4) Concrete operational stage (7-11)
According to Piaget, during the first stage of development (birth to about 2 years age), a child learns best
(1) by using the senses
(2) by comprehending neutral words
(3) by thinking in an abstract fashion
(4) by applying newly acquired knowledge of language
Toy age refers to
(1) Early Childhood
(2) Late Childhood
(4) All of these
According to Jean Piaget, schema building occurs as a result of modifying new information to fit existing schemes and by modifying old schemes as per new information. These two processes are known as:
(1) accommodation and adaptation
(2) assimilation and adaptation
(3) equilibration and modification
(4) assimilation and accommodation
Sita has learned to eat rice and dal with her hand. When she is given dal and rice, she mixes rice and dal and starts eating. She has _______ eating rice and dal into her schema for doing things.
Fitting new information into existing schemes is known as
The period that initiates the transition to adulthood is
(2) Middle childhood
(3) Pre-operational period
(4) End childhood
Children are usually egocentric during __________ and __________ stages.
(1) Sensorimotor, Preoperational
(2) Formal operational, Sensorimotor
(3) Preoperational, Formal operational
(4) Concrete operational, Sensorimotor operational
A child argues that Heinz shouldn’t steal the drug (medicine that can save his wife) because he will be caught and sent to jail if he does so. According to Kohlberg, which stage of moral understanding does the child fall under ?
(1) The instrumental purpose orientation
(2) The social-order maintaining orientation
(3) The punishment and obedience orientation
(4) The universal ethical principle orientation
In the context of Kohlberg’s stages of moral reasoning, under which stage would the given typical response of a child fall?
“Your parents will be proud of you if you are honest. So you should be honest.”
(1) Punishment-obedience orientation
(2) Social contract orientation
(3) Good girl-good boy orientation
(4) Law and order orientation
Erikson’s psychosocial theory:
(1) Is a behavioral theory of development
(2) Is a stage theory of development
(3) Is a systems theory
(4) Is widely used in psychiatric treatments
According to Erikson, what conflict is experienced during young adulthood? (20-30 or 40)
(1) Trust verses mistrust
(2) Identify verses role confusion
(3) Generatively verses stagnation
(4) Intimacy verses isolation
According to Erikson’s psychosocial theory:
(1) Competent parents protect their children from developmental crises
(2) Crises occur when the ego faces overwhelming anxiety
(3) Early developmental crisis is one source of later mental health difficulties
(4) All development involves crises
According to Erikson’s eight stages of psychosocial development, during which age does the psychological stage of trust vs. mistrust develop?
(1) early childhood
At what time of life does Erikson stage Industry vs. Inferiority occur? (6-12)
(1) old age
(4) school age
Which of the following statements regarding children and their learning is correct ?
(1) All children are naturally motivated to learn and are capable of learning.
(2) Children’s motivation to learn and their capability to learn is predetermined by heredity only.
(3) Children’s socio-economic background determines and limits their motivation and learning capability.
(4) Children have to be rewarded and punished to make them motivated for learning
In the context of education, socialization means
(1) respecting elders in society
(2) adapting and adjusting to social environment
(3) always following social norms
(4) creating one’s own social norms
The most intense and crucial socialization takes place
(1) throughout the life of a person
(2) during adolescence
(3) during early childhood
(4) during adulthood
Human personality is the result of
(1) interaction between heredity and environment
(2) only environment
(3) only heredity
(4) upbringing and education
Thank you so much for watching this video
1 thought on “Childhood and growing up Unit -1 Growth and Development MCQ’s”
Please Show Me the Right Answers of these Questions